Peresec is a Financial Services Provider with a strong presence in South Africa & Guernsey.
Through Peresec’s exceptional team, platforms, and partnerships, the company provides clients with robust and effortless access to trading and investment opportunities, a wide range of prime broking services, and award-winning bespoke research, consulting, and structuring services.
Peresec currently ranks no.1 on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in terms of the volume and value of equities traded, thereby offering a high degree of insight in its strategic partnership with Sandown.
People, Partnerships, Transformation.
Through a management and Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) consortium buyout, Peregrine Securities left the Peregrine Holdings Group in October 2018 and merged with its subsidiary, Legae Securities, to form Legae Peresec. This synergistic merger brought together South Africa’s first black-owned and managed stockbroker with one of South Africa’s largest technology-driven prime broker.
Since 2018 Legae Peresec grew into the largest black-owned, managed and controlled independent financial securities company in South Africa. Following an internal restructure along functional lines to achieve greater organizational resilience and robustness, Legae Peresec changed its name to Peresec South Africa in 2020.
Peresec’s services include:
- Top-rated research teams in Quant & ESG & bespoke fundamental research
- Multi-channel trading of Equities, Derivatives, ETFs and FX
- Liquid Fixed Income & Commodities trading
- Clearing & Custodial Solutions Including Prime Broking Services
- Equity Finance & Structured Products & Corporate Share Schemes
Our Charity Partner – Ubuntu Pathways
Ubuntu Pathways is a non-profit organisation that is providing South Africa’s most vulnerable children with what all children deserve – everything, every day. Since its inception in 1999, Ubuntu has grown into a thriving community institution in the heart of Port Elizabeth’s townships as well as a global model for poverty alleviation, garnering recognition from the likes of the World Economic Forum, Aspen Institute, President Bill Clinton, and Archbishop Desmond Tutu. Ubuntu has pioneered a comprehensive support system of education, health, and household stability that takes 2,000 disadvantaged children on a cradle-to-career pathway out of poverty.
The Ubuntu Campus
A 24,000 square-foot complex, houses classrooms, a primary school, a pediatric clinic, a state-of-the-art vocational training hub, a community theatre, a rooftop garden – all signifying that access to quality education and healthcare is not a privilege, but a right.
UBUNTU PATHWAYS – KEY FOCUS AREAS:
- Education – Early Childhood Development program; Ubuntu Primary School, which will eventually grow into a full R-12 academic institution; after-school support; and a Job Skills Training program.
- Health – life-saving HIV treatment and care; regular health screenings; TB interventions; immunisations; and medication from on-site pharmacy.
- Household Stability – individualised case management plans and home visits; security upgrades; psychosocial counselling; and more.
Ubuntu’s targeted educational programs guide children towards success and generate life-changing impact on an entire community. According to an independent study conducted by McKinsey, every R1 invested in an Ubuntu child yields real lifetime earnings of R8.70.
“How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts?”